- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Palladium - Nice Long Setup

I was reviewing the precious metals longer term charts last weekend to see whether I could identify a top coming after this amazing move up on silver. I have nothing usable on silver as it is in uncharted territory on my ten year chart, but the gold and palladium charts both look as though they have more upside coming, with palladium being the more interesting of the two.

On the monthly chart the obvious target for palladium is in the 900 - 950 area, depending when it is reached as the resistance trendline is rising. There's some significant resistance in the 857-9 area near the last high as there have been two previous monthly peaks in the same area:
The short term setup looks very encouraging on the 60min chart. Palladium has made a decent low with positive RSI divergence, and the most recent declining resistance trendline has been broken and retested as support, but more importantly a small IHS is forming with the next neckline touch in the 776 area. If it plays out the IHS target is in the 838 area which would suggest at least a retest of the 857-9 resistance level. On the bigger picture that IHS is the right shoulder on a much larger IHS that would indicate to the 948 area, which fits well with the target range on my monthly chart:
I think Palladium may well now be starting a big move to the 900 level and above. I went long at an average price of 752 yesterday and this morning, and I'll exit if it drops below rising support at 736.

No comments:

Post a Comment