- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 31 August 2011

August Closing Strong


We've had an impressive rally on equities since the low last Friday, but there's still every reason to think that this is just a rally before the downtrend resumes. Vix broke support nicely, but bonds and precious metals are still holding up well and at minimum bonds should break down if equities are to convincingly break up further. I don't have anything suggesting reversal in terms of short term patterns on equities, but what I'm watching on ES are two resistance trendlines that should meet tomorrow at slightly over 1230:
There's nothing much to show on bonds, other than that they are still holding up well, but the picture on silver is looking interesting here. The rising channel that I was posting last week is still holding well, and a shorter term rising channel from the lows last week has also formed.  Immediate rising channel resistance is in the 43.50 area with the main rising channel resistance trendline at slightly over 45:
It's the last trading day of the month today and the stats for these since the March 2009 low suggest weakness today and strength tomorrow. These stats have become much weaker on both the last and first trading days in the last few months though, so I wouldn't put much confidence in these at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment