- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Weak Bounce

This latest bounce has been weak so far, but I'm thinking there should be a bit more life in it yet. I just have two SPX charts today as I'm still on vacation until next Tuesday, and have been coming under a little domestic pressure to spend less time on the markets, but between them they pretty much say it all about where we are now. On the SPX daily chart we can see the main declining channel from the highs this year. That gives us our line in the sand resistance level in the 1200 area, as with a daily close above that the declining channel will be broken:
On the SPX 60min chart you can see that shorter term declining channel resistance is in the 1185 area and it may be that this bounce gets no further than that. A break back below the blue channel support trendline would look very bearish:
I think a big move is coming and the current move looks corrective. While the main declining channel is unbroken I'm expecting that big move to be downwards. My main target at 1000-1020 is now in range within that declining channel. It might yet go the other way though, I'm surprised to see serious signs of weakness in precious metals and there are still definite signs of negative divergence on bonds, though with bonds particularly they tend to peak and trough before equities, so a high on bonds here wouldn't preclude a new low on equities.

I'm planning to start daily posts again when I'm back from vacation next Tuesday but may not manage every day before then. I'm not expecting to post Monday as I'll be travelling until halfway through the trading session.

No comments:

Post a Comment