- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 20 September 2012

No Opex Bounce So Far

The most important chart for direction today is the SPX 60min chart. SPX bounced at short term channel support on Tuesday and has been sort of crawling up it since. If it gaps under it at the open, which looks likely, then we might see a retest but the chances are that it would follow through on the downside soon. I'd be expecting a retest of the 1440 pivot today or tomorrow:
On ES we now have a technical M top which has broken below pattern support overnight. It isn't a pretty pattern, but the target in the 1433 area fits with a test of the 1440 SPX pivot area:
There really isn't much positive RSI divergence from anything overnight, except for oil which is suggesting a bounce here. I'm expecting more downside afterwards and am looking for a short term rally to establish a declining resistance trendline that doesn't look like an arrow pointing straight down. Significant resistance areas around 92.5 and 94.3:
EURUSD has now broken under 1.30 but I have nothing to say here that I didn't say yesterday morning. Instead I'll show the GBPUSD chart that is suggesting that more downside for GBPUSD (and by extension EURUSD) looks likely
I like the idea of some sort of bounce into opex tomorrow, but I'm not seeing a lot to support that right here. if SPX tests 1440 today then that is a decent level to expect some kind of a rally. On balance I'd be expecting more downside after that rally but it's worth noting that 1440 SPX is my first retracement target after the channel resistance hit last on Friday

My wife was unwell overnight. Just a stomach bug of some kind I think but I didn't get a lot of sleep.  As a result I probably won't be around much until late in the session as I'm badly in need of a nap. I ran out of time this morning and am posting late so I will be posting the last three charts for this posts on twitter at @shjackcharts after I finish this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment