- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Bullish with Reservations

I mentioned the possible positive divergence on the SPX 60min RSI yesterday morning saying that it might deliver a strong bounce and well here we are. I have a W bottom target in the 1462 area on an open over 1444, but realistically this looks like a setup to retest the highs:
On the SPX daily chart I have resistance at the middle bollinger band in the 1448 area and the upper bollinger band in the 1470 area. Both are declining at the moment so if we see a quick move up then SPX will hit upper BB resistance in the high 1460s. The middle bollinger band resistance at 1448 fits well with resistance on ES at 1444.5:
Looking at ES we have a clear W bottom that has broken up with a target in the 1462 area. Decent resistance at 1444.5 but on a break over that the 1460s will look like the next stop:
Gold broke down finally yesterday and I'm expecting a move into the mid to high 1600s. The falling wedge on TLT has broken up and both of these lean equity bearish. On the bull side though EURUSD reached declining resistance from the high and has broken up through it. The obvious upside target is a retest of the highs and that obviously looks bullish:
I have major doubts that I was expressing yesterday morning that a big bull run could start from Friday's low.  The action on ES and SPX is suggesting a retest of the highs though and if ES can break over 1444.5 today I'd expect to see that happen this week. We might well see yet another strong reversal there though. For today, I'm bullish with some reservations and watching resistance on ES and SPX in the 1440s.

No comments:

Post a Comment