- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 8 August 2013

Middle Band Bounce

The double-bottom I was looking at yesterday morning on the ES 60min chart failed, just above the trigger level which is where these patterns generally fail when they do, but the 60min RSI positive divergence I was looking at increased into the low just above 1680 and we have seen a very strong bounce from there. The obvious target is back at a retest of the highs, and an IHS has formed that targets new highs. ES 60min chart:
I called the low well with an SPX 1min chart on twitter. I post these regularly and they are worth looking at also to see that the same setups that I usually post on the 60min or daily charts are also very clearly visible on the 1min charts. SPX 1min chart:
On the SPX daily chart the low was a test of the daily middle bollinger band, which is an obvious support area. The daily bollinger bands are pinching hard and I'm expecting a big move soon. Meanwhile daily upper bollinger band resistance is now in the 1709 area. SPX daily chart:
On other markets the bigger picture on CL is obviously the double-top that may be forming there. Shorter term we could see a bounce within the current declining channel into the 105.5 area. CL 60min chart:
30 yr Treasury futures have now broken up from the declining channel I posted a couple of days ago. There's no immediate sign of reversal and the obvious targets and resistance levels above are are 135 and 136. ZB 60min chart:
Gold futures have been forming a broadening descending wedge from the high and the next obvious move is a bounce into wedge resistance in the 1320 area. On the bigger picture an H&S may well be forming for a retest of the lows and I have sketched out a possible path for that. GC 60min chart:
ES is now back over the 50 hour MA (1690.5 area) and the initiative is back with the bulls. The IHS that has formed on ES is suggesting a test of the highs soon. As long as ES holds over the 50 hour MA on an hourly close basis I'm leaning bullish. If we see a break below 1689.5 then the IHS will be severely weakened and we might see another leg down to test primary support at 1670.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment