- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 4 May 2015

One More Heave

SPX finished forming an IHS on Friday and broke up with a target in the 2127 area. Support is a little hard to call as there is no support trendline established yet, but there should be no concern about the uptrend while SPX stays over the 60 hour MA at 2108.5. SPX 5min chart:
If I'm right that the final move up into the spring high has started, then the two main target areas are around the weekly upper band, currently in the 2137 area and most likely in the 2140 area by the time it is reached, and the monthly upper band, currently in the 2170 area. I'm expecting one of these two areas to hold as resistance but I do have a last lower probability triangle target at 2185, and that's just under main trendline resistance in the 2190 area, so I'm not ruling that out. Hopefully a helpful pattern will form on the way to make calling the spring high area easier. SPX weekly chart:
I'm expecting the spring high to be made over the next few days in one of the target areas above. That's not to say that we won't see some reversals along the way, but any such reversals should be dips to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment