- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 30 July 2015

Six Retracements for Six Broken Wedges

Another very strong day from the bulls yesterday, and both of the breaks above the daily mid band and the 5 DMA were strongly confirmed on SPX. That doesn't kill off any bear case altogether here, but it means that rather than trying to prevent a break up, bears would now have to break back down. My lean is bullish and I'm not really expecting bears to break back down, but I am expecting to see some retracement today, and I've put the key levels on the chart below to show what bears would need to do. SPX 5min chart:
Looking at my optic run US index charts, there are an impressive six out of six rising wedges from the lows, all of which have broken wedge support. There may be more to do on these in terms of forming short term topping patterns, but I would expect retracements very shortly, with minimum targets at the 38.2% fib retracements. We'll see how that goes today. Scan 3x 15min SPX INDU TRAN charts:
If I was to see anything to encourage the bears on these charts I would note that apart from TRAN, which tends to plough a lonely furrow in any case, the largest moves were on SPX and NYA, both retracing slightly over 61.8% of the move down into Monday. Dow only managed 50% and NDX and RUT only 38.2%. No bullish breaks on Dow, NDX and RUT as yet, though SPX and NYA are the deepest and broadest indices in terms of sector spread. Scan 3x 15min NDX RUT NYA charts:
Bears get a shot at trying to reverse this back down today, though that looks hard and I'm doubtful about them managing that. We should see a decent retracement regardless today though and if bears can't break this back down, this should be a decent dip to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment