- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 2 October 2015

NFP Disappoints

Bulls had a weak start but recovered strongly yesterday. That set up a rising channel that on the bigger picture is likely to be a bear flag. I was carefully considering upside resistance levels within that flag but the NFP number was bad, and it seems likely that the bear flags of various kinds on the various equity indices are likely to break down this morning.  Scan 3x 60min SPX INDU TRAN charts:
Scan 3x 60min NDX RUT NYA charts:
One thing I missed in my very intense week was that SPX broke above the 5DMA on Wednesday, and with the close above it again yesterday, that makes today day three on my 5DMA three day rule.  The SPX 5DMA is at 1908 today and a close below it today gives a very high probability that the 1871 low would be tested and most likely broken on the that test. SPX 5DMA chart:
Leaning bearish here. The 1871 low never looked convincing and I'm expecting it to be broken soon. On a strong break below the full flag target would be in the 1780 area, and it's worth noting that I gave that as a possible target a few days ago because SPX rising channel support was there is still close. That  is a credible target that could be made if bears can avoid losing their car keys again for a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment