- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 21 July 2016

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

I never managed to get a post out yesterday in the end as I was preparing for my vacation, so I'm doing an early post today before I go using charts I did last night for Basic Chart Service subscribers at theartofchart.net.

SPX inched a little higher yesterday and a possible strong RSI5_NYMO daily sell signal is now brewing. SPX may go a little higher but not much I suspect, and I am expecting that sell signal to fix within a couple of days. After it does I'm expecting a retracement to at minimum test the daily middle band, which  closed yesterday at 2111, and likely lower. SPX daily chart:
ES could fail any time on this setup and if it fails today then there is already a decent looking possible double top formed to get the ball rolling if it fails today. ES Sep 60min chart:
One thing I was very pleased to see last night was that after TF broke rising support from the 1085 low, a rising channel from that low was then established. This gives us a very useful marker for when this uptrend has likely topped out. There's not a lot happening on the short side while this channel survives. After it fails there shouldn't be much of interest on the long side until SPX at least retests the daily middle band as support. TF rising channel support is currently in the 1201/2 area. TF Sep 60min chart:
After this coming retracement completes we should see more new all times highs on SPX, so I'll be keeping an eye out looking for a low and will be posting updates every so often on my twitter feed, which you can see here. I'm on vacation until Sunday 31st July, so my next morning post will be on Monday 1st August.

No comments:

Post a Comment