- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 26 September 2016

Retracement Targets

SPX closed Friday at a decent looking support level but when I was looking at the SPX, RUT & NDX charts over the weekend it was pretty obvious that the bulls were going to have their work cut out for them today. Below are the SPX and RUT charts I posted for Trader Chart Service subscribers at theartofchart.net yesterday. I haven't changed the text but price has been updated and I've removed the gap that was filled on SPX at the open this morning. 

You can see that SPX has broken below the rising megaphone support that I was looking at as a target on Friday morning. SPX 15min chart: 
On RUT rising megaphone support is now in the 1241 area and I'm looking for possible support there. RUT 15min chart: 
Pre Market video for Daily Video Service subscribers at theartofchart.net - I'm posting these publicly every day for the remainder of September as a promo. I've been having trouble embedding these videos on blogger and it seems to have even stopped trying at all today so the direct link to that is here

Stan and I are looking higher after this retracement, and at the time of writing a 60min buy signal has fixed on TF, and 60min buy signals are brewing on both ES and NQ. On SPX buy signals are also brewing on the hourly RSI 5 and the 15min SI 14 and a buy signal has already fixed on the 5min RSI 14. SPX might go a bit lower but the odds of a reversal back up soon look high. 

Stan and I are doing an educational webinar after the close on Thursday. This is free, as they all are actually, and the subject of this one is 'Setups Entries and Exits - Learn how to make money in trading, even when you are wrong'. If you'd like to attend then you can sign up for that here

No comments:

Post a Comment