- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 27 January 2017

Kafka For The Twenty First Century

I've  been spending a slightly frustrating day trying to update my payment details at google. To log in to my admin console I need to log in using my G Suite email account, which would be easier to do if I had one. Using the tools on the google help pages has allowed me to identify a number of forgotten email accounts I had with google, none of which is a G Suite account, and I identified a path of help pages on the subject which could while half an hour away while gradually leading me back to the starting page. The one link from google that looked really promising was a bad link, and there was never any opportunity to speak to a human. There have been many great changes over the last thirty years but the ability to deliver a bad customer experience reliably and cheaply using software isn't one of the better ones.

I posted the chart below at lunchtime today showing the perfect bull flag that has formed on ES from the high this week. The flag leans 70% bullish into a retest of the all time high. The flag's been holding support since then and as long as that remains the case that leans bullish into that retest for early next week. ES Mar 60min chart:
Bigger picture there shouldn't be much more upside coming. The high is unlikely to be in yet, but it is unlikely to be far away either. SPX daily chart:
If you missed yesterday's webinar you can see the recording for that on this page here. Everyone have a great weekend. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment