- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 2 March 2017

Energizer Bunnies

Apologies for the erratic posts this week, which has been very busy and I'm somewhat short on sleep. Just covering SPX today as I have to head out shortly.

Impressive trend day up on SPX yesterday and the high has established a decent quality possible rising wedge trendline from the November low. If so SPX is topping out here short term and I'd expect at least a retest of 50 hour MA support in the near future. That's currently in the 2369 area. I was thinking a retest of the high first was likely but so far it's very possible that SPX is trending down today, and on a break under 2380 we might see that test today. SPX 60min chart:
SPX lost negative divergence on the daily RSI 14 yesterday but the RSI 5 daily sell signal that fixed on Tuesday still looks fine. Current support on the daily chart is at the daily upper keltner at 2374. SPX daily chart:
The stats yesterday on the first day of March leaned slightly over 60% bullish. Today leans about the same bearish so we'll see what can be managed on the short side.

Stan and I are doing our monthly free public Chart Chat at theartofchart.net on Sunday and it should be an interesting one. If you'd like to attend you can register for that on this page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment