- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 22 January 2018

Onwards and Upwards

I tend to look at any bear setups lately with a very sceptical eye, and the nice looking nested double top setups on ES and NQ that last week closed with didn't long survive the start of trading this morning. I posted on my twitter before the open that there was a high quality support trendline on ES in the 2805 area that would need to be broken to open the possibility of further downside, and that was not broken. In my look at ES in today's intraday video I am looking at two possible matching resistance trendlines, currently in the 2833 and 2840 areas, but rising of course. Intraday Video - Update on ES, NQ and TF:
I often watch RUT/TF for guidance as to where equities are in a trend and that is still looking reassuringly boring, though that's very much a relative word talking about an index currently close to a P/E of 140. RUT/TF is currently reaching the high retest that I was looking for after Tuesday's sharp decline, and that could be the second high of a modest double top. TF Mar 60min chart:








No comments:

Post a Comment