- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 6 August 2010

One more heave needed

I was looking at the excellent chart Joe8888 posted on the SPX rising wedge, and looking at the SPX chart, the rising wedge there is not yet broken, though it is broken already on ES:


For a solid technical wedge break we need to close below 1105 SPX IMO, and then the downside opens up considerably.

If we fall to the possible rising channel lower trendline then we could fall to either the 1075 SPX area over a week or so, or the 1085 SPX area over two weeks.

Terry Laundry and Pug (on an alternate scenario) are both suggesting 1055 to 1069 SPX as likely targets, and if we're putting in the RS on a big IHS, as I was suggesting a couple of weeks ago we might do if we bounced off the June high, then shoulders on H&S patterns are supposed to be of roughly equivalent heights, so my targets might well then be too conservative.

Meantime though, everybody push, as we need a good close today for confirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment