- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 5 August 2010

Testing 1130

The lower trendline of the rising channel on ES was touched again overnight and held, so while I'm not really regarding the upper trendline of that channel as a target unless we see a break with real confidence of 1130 ES, it does look like a solid support trendline for the moment, and I'm moving the stop on my ES long up beneath it as it rises. A break of that trendline should signal that the next short-term top has been made:


If resistance at 1130 ES is broken, then the next key level of resistance that I'm seeing would be at the Jan high near 1148.5. That could be reached within the ES rising wedge, but not until next Wednesday unless we see a wedge overthrow:


For some more detail on why I think we are close to an interim top here, you should read my post last night.

http://channelsandpatterns.blogspot.com/2010/08/nothing-goes-up-in-straight-line.html

No comments:

Post a Comment