- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 12 November 2010

Confused?

Well ES broke up through the short term declining channel I thought I'd identified yesterday, but there was no matching break up on EURUSD and overnight ES fell very sharply to a low at 1192.75. Looking at ES again I have another candidate short term declining channel that fits well:

On the bigger picture ES broke the primary support trendline I had from the August low and bottomed at a very well established wedge suport trendline tracing back to 1085. Looking at this chart is possible that this will prove to be the retracement low, with the upper wedge trendline now in the 1238 area and rising:

I'm doubtful about the retracement low being in, though if my revised short term declining channel breaks resistance in the 1210 area that will look more likely. I'm doubtful because the EURUSD low is most likely not in, with the obvious target being in the 1.32 area at the support trendline for the broadening ascending wedge:

Short term however, EURUSD may now bounce, with the very steep and narrow declining channel from the recent high having broken up overnight. I've pencilled in a possible wider declining channel that may be forming with a bounce target in the 1.39 area:

So where's SPX going today? Hard to say, but I suspect strongly that the overnight low will hold today as that was a very significant support hit, and was the lowest ES could could go within the currently established broadening ascending wedge. It was also only just above the 20 day SMA. What I would expect though, is that we may well see a retest of that support in trading hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment