- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Has EURUSD Bottomed?

I'm seeing bullish breaks everywhere this morning, and I'm going to break my usual limit of five charts and post a sixth today. I was expressing serious doubts about the very short term bear case yesterday morning and my doubts were well founded. On ES an IHS has formed and has started to play out. The target is 1290, which is also my target for upper trendline of the big rising wedge on the daily chart:
The falling wedge on copper that I posted yesterday morning has broken up, and has already progressed too far for it to become a declining channel. The target is the previous high just below 450:
I mentioned yesterday that the falling wedge on oil had already broken up, and it is now most of the way to the target which is also the previous high just over 92.50:
What's really alarming me this morning though is what I'm seeing on forex. I've posted the falling wedge on GBPUSD in recent days, and that too has broken up. The target is the previous high at 1.63, though if it is evolving into a declining channel the target would be 1.59:
Many thanks to toad37 for pointing out the possible IHS forming on EURUSD yesterday morning. Since then a second alternative IHS has formed and both have broken up. The targets are 1.312 and 1.317 respectively and I've marked them both on the chart:
This is a bad place for a significant EURUSD low. I mentioned my analyst friend predicting an imminent major low for EURUSD in the 1.29 area the other day, and he could be right. Looking at the EURUSD daily chart I have a possible rising channel from the summer low, and very clear positive divergence on the daily RSI. If EURUSD has bottomed any looming equities correction is going to be fighting against a declining USD, which will be heavy going:

No comments:

Post a Comment