- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 16 May 2011

ES Rising Support Break

ES broke the rising support trendline from the March lows overnight and the outlook is starting to look very bearish. All of the main indices are coming off slightly from oversold on the 60min charts, but I think we're back to selling the rips for the time being:
NQ has broken the support trendline that had been holding in recent days and the obvious next target is rising support from the March lows in the 2305-10 area:
I won't post a chart for TF today as I'm really struggling to get a usable trendline out of it. Instead I'll post the Transports chart where there's a nice looking rising wedge that closed at support on Friday. It looks likely to break down at the open and the obvious target from the Transports, as with SPX, is now a test of the March lows:
The copper decline from the Feb high had seemed rather shapeless so far, but I now have a rising channel that captures most of the decline so far. I'm looking for the next move down on copper to start after a touch of the upper trendline of the declining channel, and I'll be happier with the channel after that third touch:
The outlook for USD is looking increasingly good as EURUSD broke the support trendline I posted on Friday. The obvious next move is to rising support from last summer in the 1.35-6 area:
That EURUSD support break has been mirrored by other major currencies. GBPUSD has broken down from a shorter term rising channel from Dec/Jan. GBPUSD looks due for a bounce here and I'm expecting a retest of broken support:
AUDUSD, like EURUSD, has broken back down through a very significant support level. It seems clear that we are going to see a strong bounce from USD now. AUDUSD could fall back into the 90s from here and I'm going to look at charts on various timeframes to try to establish likely targets. Main support on this chart is obviously in the 94-5 area, but that seems overambitious:
I'm leaning towards an oversold bounce today. but after some key support breaks it may obviously go the other way. USD looks ready to retrace a bit however and I'm expecting copper to hold up a little longer so a bounce is definitely on the cards. The Stock Trader's Almanac tells me that the Monday before May expiration has been up on the Dow 19 times of the last 22. On the other hand eight of the last ten Mondays have been down on SPX so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment