- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 28 October 2014

1976 and Bust?

I was talking yesterday about the 1976 SPX target and the trendline resistance that may well be there. SPX is likely to gap up today and we will see whether that target is hit today and if so, whether the trendline holds. SPX daily chart:
Supporting that 1976 SPX target is a triangle that formed on the SPX 1min chart yesterday. It made a false break down, as triangles often do, and is now resolving up towards the target, which is also at 1976. SPX 1min chart:
What will happen at that 1976 SPX test? Hard to say but a look at foreign indices suggests strongly that there may be another strong wave down starting shortly. Whether that would have the strength to carry SPX past the 1820 low from here is debatable of course. DAX weekly chart:
I haven't posted a USD chart in a few days. The obvious next target is still a retest of the current high before a larger pullback. USD daily chart:
The 1976 SPX should be tested today. If we are to see a test or more of the 1820 low I would expect a strong reversal very near there at the trendline I have drawn on the daily chart. If we are to just see a retrace of the current move then SPX may run up another few points but that retracement is likely to start soon. Any significant downside on the 60min charts would now be likely to trigger 60min sell signals across the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment