- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 7 October 2014

The Clock Is Ticking

At the end of a band ride the targets for any move away from that band are firstly the middle band, but also any important MAs that lie between the two. The middle band is at 1983, in my ideal target zone for this rally, but between the bands are the 100 DMA at 1960, and the 50 DMA at 1974. The high so far is a fail at the 50 DMA and it's possible that was the rally high. If so we will most likely find out today. SPX daily chart:
On the 60min chart the IHS target at 1980 was almost made at the high yesterday. I'm favoring at least a retest of the highs today or tomorrow morning, but that could be close enough. SPX 60min chart:
If this rally isn't yet over, then the 38.2% fib retracement was hit at the low yesterday, and a rising channel from last week's low was established there, though that broke down at the close. If that was a bear flag then the A=C target would be the 50% fib retracement in the 1952 area. If that should break then the 61.8% fib retrace target would be in the 1946 area, and on a break much below there I would increasingly be leaning towards thinking that the move to test main double top support at 1904 had started. SPX 5min chart:
It has been a great run on EURUSD since I called this short in July. the H&S target at 1.30 was made, and then the falling wedge target at 1.26 was made as well. All good things come to an end though and EURUSD looks very ready to rally now. I'm expecting a low to be made here and then a rally with the obvious target in the 1.30 area or higher. EURUSD daily chart:
I am hoping that the rally high isn't yet in but it could be. I'd suggest caution on the long side today, and if yesterday's high should be retested, that should be a good short entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment