- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Bad Bull Fail Overnight

I had a great looking setup in play last night, and I did the chart and saved it with some confidence that we would see an extension of the rally into the 2090 area today, and then fail into the H&S target at 2054/5. That setup was supported by an IHS that broke up yesterday morning, and clear declining resistance from the highs at the IHS target. That chart is below. SPX 15min chart:
Alas it was not to be, unless we see a rally back to yesterday's close by the open, which looks unlikely. Instead we now have a new declining resistance trendline, and the same strong support trendline that will be in the 2059 area at the open and the 2052 area by the close. Unless that trendline breaks then further downside today will necessarily be limited, though the 2054/5 H&S target will be above that trendline by this afternoon. SPX 15min:
This unexpectedly determined overnight decline has left me less certain that SPX is going to reverse back up after the H&S target has been made, but there is decent support at the daily lower band at 2058, stronger (but weekly closing) support at the weekly middle band at 2057, and I have main rising wedge support from the October low in the 2038 area. On my scenarios where SPX makes new all time highs this year, it would help a lot if that wedge support wasn't broken, or ideally tested, in this move down. A break below would open up more bearish options. SPX daily chart:
We may well see an early rally today and if we make the H&S target at 2054/5 today, I'd be expecting that to be this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment