- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Will She Won't She

The low yesterday was in the 2064 - 66.5 range that I gave in the morning, and as long as that holds this morning the bulls should test the daily middle band at 2090. The 5 DMA and 50 hour MA are at 2063 and 2062 respectively this morning and those are levels that the bulls really need to hold. On a break under 2060 I will be looking for a test of the 2039.69 low and we might well see a break lower into the 2020s. SPX 60min chart:
Oil is in a bottoming process here in my view, and could reverse back up at any time towards falling channel resistance, currently in the 73 area and dropping at about $4 per month. There is still room in the channel down to the 37/8 area so we may well still see oil go lower before this significant low is made. WTIC daily chart:
FOMC day today and the bonds charts are suggesting that interest rates will start rising soon, though I'm a bit doubtful that the Fed will announce much today. I was saying on Monday though that I was doubtful that a retracement low had been made and I'm still doubtful. I've now run the 5 DMA stats back to the start of 2007 and I still haven't found an instance where a break back below the 5 DMA like the one we saw on Friday was followed by new highs before lower lows. That's not to say though that this can't rally further first to fail at the daily middle band.

No comments:

Post a Comment