- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 22 February 2016

Rally Targets

SPX retraced to the bare minimum 23.6% fib retracement on Friday while forming a bull flag. That bull flag broke up overnight, and if new rally highs are sustained this morning, SPX should be on the way to test either the 50% fib retracement at 1963 or the 61.8% fib retrace at 2000. SPX 15min chart:
When reached there is possible resistance at the last rally high in the 1947 area. That is a possible IHS neckline so a big reversal that could mean that an IHS is forming. SPX 60min chart:
The ideal high would be the 61.8% fib retrace test in the 2000 area. That would be a good match with a retest of the 100 week MA, currently at 2009. A test and fail there would be important bear market confirmation. Equally a test and sustained break there would likely open up a test of the all time high. If we see that test I'm expecting a fail but it's best to keep an open mind. SPX weekly chart:
Today is a cycle trend day, so there are 70% odds of either bulls or bears dominating trading today. If we are to see a trend day up then I'll be looking for an AM low, ideally in the 1930-5 area. If we are to see a trend day down then I'll be looking for an AM high, ideally in the 1945-50 area. I'm leaning long today.

No comments:

Post a Comment