- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 18 February 2016

Sometimes They Come Back

There is a very clear target for an AM low this morning if we are to see an AM low and then continuation upwards today. At the time of writing that area is at 1912-4 ES, and that target is at the rising wedge support trendline from last Thursday's low. A break below there would open up a possible decent retracement but in this very bullish tape since last Thursday I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen. - TARGET TRENDLINE HIT WHILE WRITING POST. ES Mar 60min chart:
On the weekly chart I think that this move is returning to test the strong resistance in the 2000-20 area that was the obvious target for the last rally but was never reached. There is also an interesting H&S right shoulder possibility that I outline in the text on the chart below. SPX weekly chart:
A decent retracement is overdue here and if we see SPX break below the 1912 level then we could see that today. Failing that the next obvious target remains a retest of the last rally high at 1947.20.

No comments:

Post a Comment