- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Testing the Daily Middle Band

SPX has broken range and double top support at 2159, and then the daily middle band at 2155. If bears can now hold that 2155-9 area as resistance today then there are decent odds of a trend down day and the double top target is in the 2140 area. A close below the daily middle band opens up a move to the daily lower band as the obvious next target, and that is currently in the 2111 area.

If the bears can't hold the 2155-9 area as resistance then this may just be the low before the higher high, and we could still see the 2190-2 test that I was looking at yesterday morning. SPX 60min chart:
SPX daily chart:
As I was saying yesterday morning, as and when this retracement gets going properly I'm looking for at least a 4% decline. That should obviously take SPX back under 2100 and maybe quite a bit further.

Just a reminder that Stan and I are doing our monthly public Chart Chat on Sunday. It's free and all are welcome and you can sign up for that on this page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment