- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 23 August 2016

The Battle At The Bands

Yesterday started off as expected, but the move down stalled at the daily middle band, and then that held on repeated tests for the rest of the day. I was saying last night on the daily video update for subscribers at theartofchart.net that the support there three of the last four days was favoring a retest of the daily upper band at 2194/5 next, and that the possible H&S patterns forming on SPX, NDX & RUT were now much less likely to deliver. On a retest of the ATH, which we are seeing now, then I'd be looking for a marginal new all time high in the 2194-2200 range, that should not break the resistance trendline now at 2200. I would expect that marginal new high to be the swing high for the current move up, and for that to hold for three or four weeks. SPX daily chart:
I'm added the ES, NQ & TF charts that I posted for members at theartofchart.net this morning, and I have updated all of those to show the now likely double top setups rather than the H&S setups that had been forming. ES Sep 60min chart:
NQ Sep 60min chart:
TF Sep 60min chart:
SPX is now past the middle of Stan's cycle high window and the setup is all there to make a decent swing high today. I'll be looking for that 4%+ retracement from that high and then at least a retest of this high on the next swing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment