- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 17 April 2018

The Three Bears

I was saying last week that a fill of the open gap from 2711.93, I'd be disregarding the Three Day Rule target (a retest of 2553.80). The Three Day Rule target technically hasn't failed yet, but the first downside scenario is likely failing, and we are now left with the remaining two scenarios.

The secondary scenario is that a large triangle is forming here, and that SPX is heading towards triangle resistance, currently in the 2745 area. As triangles are to an extent a 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card for pattern targets, on a fail there we would likely still reach the Three Day Rule target, and I'd add this to the other two exceptions when the rule triggered while a triangle was forming.

If we do see this scenario develop then as SPX moves to triangle resistance NDX and RUT may reach their IHS targets in the 6945 and 1608 areas respectively.

If SPX breaks over triangle resistance then the Three Day Rule has had the first fail, and SPX would likely reach that IHS target in the 2792 area. At that point I'd be fairly neutral on direction, though excepting at least a retracement sometime soon.

Full Intraday Video from theartofchart.net - Update on ES, NQ and TF (at the start) and then DX, CL, NG, GC, ZB, HG, KC, SB, CC, ZW, EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCAD, AUDUSD and NZDUSD:
SPX 60min chart:

No comments:

Post a Comment