- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Intraday Update - A fresh look at USD & EURUSD

My DX wedge broke before the open so I have had a very careful look again at the DX chart, this time on the daily. I have looked back at the whole rally since December and found a very solid rising channel to encompass the whole move. That channel gives us a target, if we hit it today, of 74.75 for the upper trendline. That would be likely to mark a major interim top on USD, though we could still hit the trendline again further up as we did after the hit of the upper trendline on Feb 5th:



I'll be watching that target very carefully, as the next hit would probably mark the low for this equities correction, just as it did on Feb 5th.

I had another look at the broadening descending wedge on EURUSD, and while that could yet break down just as the DX wedge has broken up, my next target is in the 1.276 area:


The wedge on the DX daily may not yet be broken of course. If we hit the top of the DX channel and then return within the wedge by EOD, then technically, it would be unbroken. That would be a big move and a big reversal, but not impossible after the moves in the last two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment