- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 3 May 2010

USD and Equities Declining Channels

The USD bounced off the lower trendline of the broadening ascending wedge the other day and is on the way back to the top with a likely target in the 83.3 to 83.5 area. This should add some downward pressure to equities:


The potential declining channels on equities that I posted on Friday are looking very good. Here's the one on the Dow, with the next target in the 10,860 area. The action overnight looks like a bear flag, but I'm not sure I trust that on a Monday:


The declining channel on ES looks less perfect than the ones on the Dow and Nasdaq futures, but the next channel target is the lower trendline in the 1170 area:


I've had another look at gold and redrawn my rising channel after some thought. If I'm right, then gold should meet channel resistance in the 1190 area:


Overall the charts suggest more downside on equities today, but 26 of the last 31 Mondays have closed up, and we may just trade sideways today.

No comments:

Post a Comment