- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 24 May 2010

Just a little further I think

As I mentioned the other day, I'm no EW expert, but I've read Elliot Wave Principle and I'm happy enough looking at counts and doing them myself to an extent.

From a patterns perspective I'm expecting to see a retest of the February low in the 1044.5 SPX area before this wave down bottoms and my count for what seems likely to me to be this wave 5 down backs that up:


There is a significant caveat on this 15min chart though, and that is the IHS that formed over the last couple of days last week. If that plays out it would take us above my wave (i) bottom at 1114 and invalidate my count.

I don't think so though. The EURUSD action over the weekend was bearish and the IHS I posted on Friday morning has failed and the broadening ascending wedge has broken downwards with a target in the 1.22 area. If we had bottomed last week I would expect that EURUSD IHS to be playing out now:

GBPUSD is trading within a range / rectangle and seems to be heading back to the bottom of that range at the moment:


What I'm expecting to see is that ES will bottom near the Feb low today or tomorrow and then we will see a sharp rally in all of the above.

We are due a rally soon and we have been seeing some simply amazing readings on some of the indicators that I watch. NYMO just made a three year low which was surprising. The three year high was in January 2009 just as a major rally was peaking:


The $NYDNV: $NYUPV spike is almost at a three year high too. That has been a good indicator for interim bottoms over the last year, though it was less reliable during the strong bear moves over the previous few months as you can see from this three year chart:


My $SPX:$CPC chart has also been hitting major lows within a falling wedge:


I'm expecting to see a lower low in the next day or two, but everything is saying that we are due a sharp relief rally in both equities and USD currency pairs soon. I'm viewing this week as a great short term long entry to play that rally. Counter-trend plays are notoriously tricky though, and all trading options this week look risky.

No comments:

Post a Comment