- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 29 January 2015

Bearish Confirmation

Just a very quick post this morning as I needed to take my daughter to the orthodontist and only got back a few minutes ago.

A rare day yesterday with a strong decline sustained into the close, rare in itself but very rare on FOMC day. The wind may be changing. The bulls had to break back up over the middle band and totally failed to do that.

This break back below the SPX daily middle band delivers two downside targets. The first is possible range support in the 1990 area, with the daily lower band just below it at 1987. If that fails then the obvious next target is the 50% fib retracement of the move up from 1820,l and that is at 1957. SPX daily chart:
The close tomorrow is important. A weekly close at this level or lower would deliver a conviction break below the weekly middle band, which has acted as closing basis support for five weeks out of the last seven. That would open up targets at the 50 week MA at 1959, close to the 50% fib retracement, and the weekly lower band at 1911, within striking distance of the rising megaphone support trendline that is very much the obvious target for this move. SPX weekly chart:
I posted a very nice looking FTSE short setup on twitter yesterday and some of you might consider carving off a slice of this tasty looking morsel. This is the update on the FTSE chart I posted last Friday arguing that FTSE might well be signalling that the bull case wasn't going to deliver.  FTSE 60min chart:
I'm leaning strongly bearish here. I'm looking for an early rally today that should be sold through a break below yesterday's lows.

No comments:

Post a Comment