- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 30 January 2015

K.I.S.S.

The setup here on the last trading day of January couldn't be much simpler. SPX bounced strongly at the daily lower band and range support at the low yesterday and on the bull scenario SPX now breaks back above the daily middle band at 2031, and on a further break of 2064 we see a retest of the highs. On the bear scenario we see a hard fail here or at the middle band test and, on a break below yesterday's low, the next big support level is at 1957 at the 50% fib retracement and the weekly 50 MA. SPX daily chart:
On the bear scenario it is very important that the close today be below the close on January 6th at 2002.61. The reasons why are explained in my post on 7th January  and you can see that again here. The stats I collected then suggested strongly that on a close above that level the bulls have the edge at dominating 2015, and that on a close today below that level, the best that can be expected this year is a flat year. We'll have our answer on that stat by the end of today. SPX weekly chart:
My preferred scenario here is that we see a test of the daily middle band this morning and fail hard there. It's possible that SPX just trends down instead with no test, and bulls obviously want to break back over the middle band to open up higher targets. I'm leaning bearish here until we see a break with confidence (and daily close) back over the daily middle band.

No comments:

Post a Comment