- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 19 February 2015

Rising Wedge Broken

The rising wedge I was talking about yesterday morning broke down and retested during the day. We are likely to see some retracement here and possibly a significant high. If we are looking at a retracement my minimum target area is the 23.6% fib retrace in the 2073 area, but my usual target range would be the 38.2% fib at 2055, the 50% fib at 2041 and the 61.8% fib at 2026. I would note that the daily middle band closed yesterday at 2053, so we might see a retest of the daily middle band. SPX 5min chart:
If we were to see a full reversal here then I have a scenario where SPX has just made the second high of a double top that would target 1860.40 on a break below 1980.90. I'll be upgrading that scenario if we see a clear break back below the daily middle band. I have a 60min RSI 14 sell signal triggered yesterday which is strongly suggesting retracement here. SPX 60min chart:
On the daily chart the RSI 5 is overbought but as there has been no pullback there is no negative divergence. There is some negative divergence on NYMO but unless we see a serious break of support then I'll be assuming this is just a retracement before another push up. SPX daily chart:
CL is at an inflection point here testing triangle support and the daily middle band. If it breaks down I've sketched out the path I'd be looking for in blue arrows. If CL bounces at support here then I'll be looking for the path I've sketched in red arrows. CL daily chart:
My lean is bearish looking for at least a test of the 50 hour MA at 2077 area with the 23.6% retracement at 2073. If we see a break down below that area I'd be looking for the 38.2% fib retracement area around 2055.

No comments:

Post a Comment