- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 23 February 2015

Support at the 50 Hour MA

SPX didn't make it to my minimum retracement target at 2080 as it made a perfect touch of the 50 hour MA and reversed hard there. That does tend to be solid support in uptrends until they are into the topping process and, as I was saying on Friday morning, this uptrend doesn't look finished yet.

I am considering the possibility that a rising wedge from the October low is still forming and have drawn in that possible rising wedge support trendline in blue dotted line on the chart below.  If that is the case then there is a very obvious target in the 2120-5 area at the intersection of the original wedge support trendline and the wedge resistance trendline. That is the first area of resistance that I am watching. SPX 60min chart:
If the wedge overthrows that resistance area then my last area of resistance is at the weekly upper band and primary trendline resistance, now in the 2145-50 area. If tested I am expecting that area to hold as resistance. SPX weekly chart:
Overnight CL has broken hard below double support at triangle support and the daily middle band, both in the 51.2 area. Unless that is quickly reversed the obvious next target is a reversal back down to the main low at 44.39 and I have marked the three targets in the 43.7 to 45 range on the chart below. CL daily chart:
On 3rd February I posted a TLT chart showing the test of lifetime rising resistance and the possibility that we would see hard reversal there. We have seen a hard reversal there and I am working up a roadmap for what I am expecting to see on bonds this year. The next moves would ideally be a move to test megaphone support in the 120 area, and then a retest of the lifetime high at 138.22. TLT weekly chart:
I have the weekly pivot at 2099.2 this morning and am looking for a test of that at the AM low, and possibly lower. That AM low, wherever it ends up, will most likely be a buy, as the bulls remain firmly in control of this market for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment