- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Approaching Main Resistance

That was a very impressive trend up day yesterday and SPX closed above rising wedge resistance. That may be overthrowing bearishly here, but is only one of the three possible decent resistance trendlines in play. If SPX reverses here and breaks down through wedge support, currently in the 1942 area, then the lowest trendline is right, and the wedge would then be breaking down. Until then though the alternate wedge resistance trendline is in the 1988 area and possible channel resistance is in the 2020 area.

In terms of resistance levels I'm looking for a buyable dip this morning and then a likely move with obvious targets at the 61.8% fib retrace target and 100dma at 2000, then the very important 100 week MA at 2011, and then the also very important 200dma now at 2025. This is the key resistance zone at 2000-25 and only on a conversion of the 200dma into support does making the IHS target in the 2080 area become a strong prospect. SPX 60min chart:
SPX daily chart:
On the ES chart wedge resistance has been tested on the overnight high. If we are to turn here I'd be looking for at least a retest of the globex high at 1984.5 to set up a sell signal before reversal back down. ES 60min chart:
SPX is now close to testing the key resistance area that I've been looking at for several weeks. I'm looking for a reversal back down from this test but I might be mistaken of course. If bulls can convert the 200dma into support, then I am mistaken, and the IHS target in the 2080 area should then be tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment