- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 21 March 2016

Some Retracement Likely Today

The ES weekly pivot is at 2025 this week and that is in the SPX 2034 area. I'm leaning towards a test of that area today or tomorrow morning because this generally gets tested during a trading week, and the RSI sell signals on the 15min chart and the RSI 5 sell signal on the 60min SPX chart are suggesting that we likely see that test in the next few trading hours before any significant further upside progress.

Longer term though there is currently no negative divergence on the 60min RSI 14 or on the daily chart RSIs so that is suggesting that the rally high is not yet in. SPX 60min chart:
Resistance at the 200dma has been broken and unless SPX breaks back down through that quickly then the big target above is the IHS target in the 2082 area. SPX could well now make that target. SPX daily chart:
The short summary for last week was that the weekly pivot was tested early, held as support, and SPX then trended up for the rest of the week. I'm expecting an early test of the weekly pivot this week as well, and if it holds as support again, we could see a rerun of last week. I'll be watching that test carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment