- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 24 April 2015

After The Break

Apologies for the late post today. I have had a very intense morning for one reason and another. I'll just do a single chart post today as the setup on SPX here is straightforward.

Obviously the triangle broke up yesterday. SPX made a marginal new all time high and so on. I have a possible channel resistance trendline drawn in on the chart below that hasn't been tested yet and may well hold. I have open 5min and 15min chart sell signals triggered at the highs yesterday and a rising wedge from the 2072 low. If we see weakness today there is obvious support at wedge support and broken triangle resistance in the 2110 area. On a break below there I would have main rising support in the 2080-5 area, but I'd be surprised to see a move there before a hit of rising channel resistance in the 2123-5 area. After that hit I'd be looking for a likely retracement to channel support before the next, and very possibly last, move up. SPX 15min chart:
I don't believe that the SPX spring high is made but I would note that in the case of a hard fail here there is now a perfect double top setup on SPX. On a break back below rising support in the 2080-5 area the high could be in. Until then I'm looking higher into either the 2140-50 or 2170 areas to make that spring high.

Everyone have a great weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment