- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 6 April 2015

What NFP Numbers?

An amazing drive up from the open today that has far move than wiped out any globex losses after the horrible NFP number on Friday. Tim Knight of www.slopeofhope.com tweeted out the following image that pretty much sums up the morning so far:
The close on Thursday held the weekly middle band for the fourth straight week. That is still strong support this week and is currently in the 2064 area. SPX weekly chart:
Since I capped the daily chart below the push up from the open has now broken back up over the daily middle band at 2073.l. If that break holds into the close the the bulls are taking back control of the tape here. SPX daily chart:
One thing I always say in an uptrend or a downtrend is that as a strong uptrend should hold the 50 hour MA until it is topping out and a strong downtrend should hold it as resistance until it is bottoming out. The 50 hour MA was at 2068 at the test this morning, and SPX has now broken over 10 handles above that. At the very least this is not a strong downtrend. SPX 60min chart:
SPX is back over the daily middle band and we may be looking at a trend up day here. I would suggest not fighting it and seeing whether SPX can hold this conviction break over the daily middle band at the close. If it can, and this break is not then reversed with a strong punch back below it tomorrow, then I'll be looking for my triangle resistance target in the 2112 area.

I'm going to be in and out this week as I'm taking some time off. I'll try and get a short post up every day and normal service will be resuming on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment