- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 16 April 2015

Testing Triangle Resistance

SPX tested triangle resistance yesterday and didn't break through it. There is a possible setup here for a reversal back into triangle support in the 2055 area and that's shown on the chart below that I posted on twitter last night. We'll see how today goes, but if triangle resistance holds again today then we will most likely see at least a test of Tuesday's low at 2083.24. SPX 15min chart:
My double bottom setup on oil broke up yesterday. I like this setup a lot and a short squeeze could deliver this quickly, but equally it's very important to remember that when these setups fail, that tends to happen at or just over double bottom resistance. A break back below 53 now would be a warning flag, and a break back under 50 would most likely resume the primary downtrend. Any longs on oil here are counter-trend on the bigger picture. WTIC daily chart:
Triangle resistance was hit yesterday, and what a long and winding road it has been to get there since I called that target at the end of March. Now that it has been reached SPX is at a major inflection point & we'll see what happens here. Regardless of the short term I'm leaning bullish overall  into at least a full retest of the all time highs unless the 2039.69 low is broken. If that happens then the spring high was most likely made at 2119 & I'll be looking back to the 1800s or lower for the summer retracement.

No comments:

Post a Comment