- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 20 August 2015

Bottom Lines

A bad day for the bulls yesterday with 2080 support lost hard twice during the day and a close well under triangle support. Advantage bears for the moment, and they could get a run down to test range and double top support at 2044.

I've been having a careful look at the SPX pattern structure and I have a possible falling wedge from 2132 forming here. This is mirrored by a triangle on the RSI 14 and if we see an hourly close below that this morning then that would open up a test of wedge support, currently in the 2046 area, just above the key 2044 support level. SPX 60min chart:
The must hold hold level for bulls here is 2044.02. Any print below damages the bull case and a sustained break below should kill it, opening up the double top target at 1954. SPX daily chart:
Bulls are on must perform today. If they can hold 2044.02 then they still have a decent shot. If they lose that support level then I'd expect to see 1950s soon. Meantime Stan and I are both still leaning long here.

No comments:

Post a Comment