- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 29 September 2015

All About That Channel

I was sorting out an issue with my sons' school this morning so today's post is both later and shorter than usual. Fortunately the setup really doesn't get much easier than the choice the market needs to make this morning.

The low yesterday was at the falling channel support I posted yesterday morning, and the low this morning retested that a little lower. So far that channel support has held. If it continues to hold then I currently have falling channel resistance in the 1937/8 area, not far below the daily middle band at 1946. That's a nice looking target area. The open 15min RSI 14 and RSI 5 signals support this rally scenario.

If the falling channel breaks down then the downside targets open up, and the path to a retest of the 1820 low opens up three to four days earlier than it would if SPX was to retest it within the falling channel. SPX 15min chart:
Today is the other cycle trend day this week so there are 70% odds that today will be dominated by either buyers or seller. Whichever way this breaks it may be fast and hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment