- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 4 September 2015

Nasty Tape

Today's post is late and brief as I've been out most of the day so far. A one day thing.

Yesterday's tape was a mess. A bullish breakout that failed, then a bearish breakout that failed, leaving a brutal bull trap at the close in the form of a 70% bullish falling wedge, a possible double bottom setup and a supportive 5min buy signal.

Sometimes these are topping patterns though and that was the case here. The wedge has broken down with a target in the 1908 area, and I'm expecting to see a 1903 retest today unless ....... this is a triangle, in which case I'd be looking for support in the 1916 area, not quite hit at the current low today. SPX 5min chart:
We should see a retest of the 1903 low today and really we should see a trend down day today, though there's little sign of that so far. The upside marker for resistance that should not be broken today is 1940-2, and if that's broken then we may be seeing a continuation of yesterday's crazy tape. As long as that holds I'm leaning short here into a 1903 retest with possible (but unlikely IMO) triangle support in the 1916 area. Stan's update this morning is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment