- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 1 September 2015

The Breakaway Gapfill

I was looking yesterday morning at all the double top setups on my optic run indices and they have all been playing out overnight. It seems highly likely at the time of writing that SPX double top support at 1948.33 and the breakaway gapfill at 1940.51 will both be filled at the open, so Thursday's very bullish breakaway gap over resistance is killed off and there is now an open double top target at 1903.18 on SPX. SPX 60min chart:
I'm expecting that 1903 target to be hit today, though we might see a strong bounce first. What then happens at this test of 1900 support will be key. On a hold there we could well see another rally wave up. On a decent break below 1900 I'd be looking for new lows with the obvious target for that still at the retest of the October low at 1820. The daily (2SD) lower band closed at 1890 so on a break below 1900 that would be a very obvious target. SPX daily chart:
Today is a cycle trend day so there are 67% odds of a strong trend in one direction lasting most of the day, though that need not be a full trend day. I'd suggest watching Stan's update video from last night and you can see that here. If we are back into full bear here then I will be looking for an AM high that dies into a strong move down.

No comments:

Post a Comment