- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Two Clear Options Here

SPX made my double top target yesterday, overshooting by just a few ticks before bouncing hard overnight. There are two clear options here, both ultimately bearish, and we should see which option we will be taking today.

The more bearish and more likely option in my view is a rally backtest of 1950 area resistance. the key resistance levels here are the 50 hour MA at 1944, declining resistance from 2096, currently in the 1955-60 area, and (daily closing basis) the 5 day MA, which closed yesterday at 1960. as long as these can hold as resistance then I'll be looking for the next move to be the retest of the October low in the 1820  area.

The more bullish option in the event that SPX breaks over resistance here is a rally continuation into the 2030-40 area and fail there. I'm not thinking that is particularly likely here but there are merits to that retest and we could see it. I'm giving it 30% odds here. SPX 60min chart:
Unnoticed by most the monthly middle band broke at the close on Monday and opened up a strong target at the monthly lower band, currently in the 1838 area and a good match with the more bearish option here. SPX monthly chart:
If we see my more bearish option play out here then I would again ideally be looking for an AM high that dies. We could see a choppy inside day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment