- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Holiday Tape

The last two cycle trend days both delivered. There is a third this week on Friday but the volume will be very low and I'm doubtful about any decent trending move. We may well not see much in the way of any moves on the equity indices before next week now.

The retracement on SPX stopped just short of a test of the important 50 hour MA. As long as that holds the uptrend is intact. If that breaks then there is a nice looking pattern setup to retest the 2043 area. Resistance is at the current high at 2097. If we see a decent break above we should see a test of 2116 next. SPX 60min chart:
The 50 hour MA is also strong uptrend support on NDX, with a close test yesterday. Again, while that holds the uptrend is intact. NDX 60min chart:
I'm not a fan of trading thin holiday tapes and my experience has been that to the extent that these low volume tapes have a direction, they definitely lean bullish. The key support levels today on SPX are the 5dma at 2087 and the daily middle band at 2080. Both of these are daily closing support. Not far below now is the 50 hour MA at 2076, and if the bears can convert that to resistance then we can see a deeper retracement. I'm keeping an open mind but I won't be holding my breath waiting.

Thanksgiving isn't a holiday in the UK for some reason, but I need a break and am going to take the opportunity to take some time off. My next post will be on Monday morning. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment