- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 5 November 2015

Rising Wedge Support Broken

Rising wedge support from 1871 broke yesterday on SPX, and we should now have either seen the uptrend high or be in the topping process. Over half of topping reversal patterns on SPX are double tops so a retest of the highs is very much a possibility.

If bears can take early control today there is currently a small H&S targeting the 2078-80 area on a break below yesterday's low at 2096. The 50 hour MA is important support to watch at 2089. SPX 60min chart:
The 5 day MA was at the exact low yesterday and is support to watch today as well. SPX daily chart:
The minimum target that I am looking for on this move is a test of the 38.2% fib retracement in the 2023 area. Could we go down further? Yes, but but I'm a bit doubtful about the seasonality for a really big move. We'll see what happens at 2020. In the meantime I'm looking for a reversal pattern to form here and have support levels for possible H&S necklines in the 2078 and 2063 areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment