- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 12 November 2015

Looking Over The Edge

The rising wedge from 1871 broke down, and we would generally now see a retracement of the wedge in the 38.2% to 61.8% fib range, in the event that we were not to see a full retracement of the wedge. After the break of the wedge I look for a reversal pattern to form and there are now well formed H&S patterns on SPX, NDX and RUT. All of these patterns have targets around the 38.2% fib retracements of this last move up.

The obvious next step is for these patterns to play out to target. Today is the other cycle trend day this week so there are 70% odds that either sellers or buyers will dominate the day. In the event that we have a trend day down today I'd be looking for a big gap down that did not fill the gap. If we see that this morning then we may well see a big move down today. SPX 60min chart:
NDX 60min chart:
RUT 60min chart:
Yellen is giving a speech at the open which is a big wild card today. Overhead resistance yesterday was at the 5dma at 2087, and in the event that we see a hard spike up on Yellen's speech I'd be looking for resistance there again today. SPX daily chart:
Subject to this setup being drowned in dove guano during Yellen's speech today, it strongly favors a decline here and I am looking for the move to obvious big support near the 38.2% fib retrace at 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment