- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Bold Numbers

Apologies for the very late post today. I had a morning appointment that overran badly, and it's slower work getting charts done after the markets open and I'm then trading as well as charting.

I mentioned on twitter last night after the close that the bulls narrowly managed to avoid a 5dma three day rule breakdown with a target at a retest of the lows. There was more downside overnight that reached my ideal target on ES at a retest of the 1850 area and ES then reversed back up hard there. There is a strange myth that globex highs and lows always need to be retested soon after. I've been watching that for a while and have seen little evidence to support this, and there's no need to see that here.

Stan called the 1850 target and that should be the B wave low on this ABC rally. Where is C going? Well that's where it gets interesting.

I'm posting the bonus charts that I have done this morning for subscribers at theartofchart.net, and the first thing to notice on the ES, NQ and TF charts is the very large mostly formed IHS patterns on them. These are now all fully formed and testing their pattern necklines. If they break up then that would make the obvious target for the C wave at a retest of the 100 week MA, currently at 2008 SPX. That is a very important resistance level in bear markets and was an obvious target area for any strong rally here. I would be very pleased to see that tested.

So below are the bonus charts for subscribers at theartofchart.net that I posted this morning. I do these every day and the standard set is ES, NQ, TF, DX, CL, GC & ZB. Of these ES, NQ, TF, CL, and ZB looked particularly interesting this morning & I mainly traded CL today, as the setup there was the nicest, and I managed to capture most of the move up from the open.

ES Mar 60min chart:
NQ Mar 60min chart:
TF Mar 60min chart:
DX Mar 60min chart:
CL Mar 60min chart:
GC Feb 60min chart:
ZB Mar 60min chart:
The bulls are looking rather beaten up at the moment and I have some doubts as to whether they can manage a 2000 test, but the setup is there and if seen, that should set up the next big short entry very nicely. I'm rooting for the IHS patterns, though I don't want January to close over 1990 as that would kill off the bearish (for 2016) January stat setup that I laid out a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment