- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 28 January 2016

Looking Down?

It's unfortunate that my post is late today. I was working late on theartofchart.net chart deliveries and overslept. I'll post the 15min charts that I did on SPX, NDX and RUT, and what I was wondering as I did these was whether the rally had just ended on SPX with that FOMC spike that failed. The key support areas I am watching today are the 50 hour MA at 1884 and the ES weekly pivot at 1868 (approx 1875 SPX). If bears can break these and convert them to resistance then we may well be on the way back to test the low at 1812 SPX. SPX 15min chart:
NDX 15min chart:
RUT 15min chart:
If we lose those 1884 & 1875 levels hard today then the rally may be over, though a retest of 1812 might well set up a double bottom for a larger rally into the ideal 2000 area rally target. If those levels hold today, be aware that that the next move up may just be a retest of the FOMC high before a retest of the lows.

No comments:

Post a Comment